FEATURE: Ten Fascinating Fun Facts about the Jersey Boys UK and Ireland Tour
With the first UK and Ireland tour of the musical blockbuster Jersey Boys touring the UK, here are ten fascinating fun facts about the show.
- It takes ten stage staff, four lighting and four sound staff from the venue three days to get the show in and ready for curtain up.
- A total of eight trailers will transport the set, props and costumes to the theatre
- There will be 18 backstage staff working away at every performance of Jersey Boys.
- Three wig staff will make sure 80 hair pieces look their very best at each performance.
- Three wardrobe staff, 13 wardrobe trundle full of costumes, three washing machines, four tumble dryers, two high power steam irons, two steamers and a hot box ensure the cast sparkle every night.
- Over eight hours of laundry will be done every day. That’s 100 shirts per show and 500 coat hangers.
- One female cast member has 17 pairs of shoes per show.
- One male cast member has nine different ties in Act One alone.
- There are 45.5 square metres of high-resolution video wall in the show.
- There are 22 touring technical staff, 10 musicians, 58 moving lights, 890 lighting and video cues, 57 flying cues and 50 automation cues mean audiences get the most technically and visually spectacular production.